Exploring Flagstaff on a Xootr MG
Flagstaff was a groovy-artsy town. The Xootr MG was used for a short tour from the hotel. The ride was about 8 miles
Arrival was pretty quick, and covered about 6 times as much area versus walking. Some more lessons learned from this ride:
1. Keep your eyes on the road! The sidewalks and streets of Flagstaff had potholes, cracks and dirty areas. It could make for a nasty fall if you are not careful.
2. Slow down! You can go fast on this and taking it easy will keep you ready to the unexpected
3. Get a small bike flashlight if you ride at night. Again, you need to see what is going on in front of you on the road
4. Get a small bike bell of some sort. I have yet to find one that doesn’t ring when you hit a bump that is also small. Suggestions?
5. Ditch the messenger bag and get a backpack. That messenger bag keeps wanting to slide forward on the Xootr MG.
6. Watch out for missing sidewalks! See attached photo.